- Learn about Social Issues: Pebble Tossers features 12 different Cause Areas: Animals & Wildlife, Citizenship, Elderly & Seniors, Education & Literacy, Environment, Families in Crisis, Fine & Performing Arts, Fragile Children, Homeless, Hunger, Global Action, & Troops.
- Browse by Organization: Pebble Tossers features over 122 local nonprofit organizations.
- Browse by Project: Pebble Tossers provides information on hundreds of age appropriate service projects with organizations throughout Metro Atlanta.
- Record your Hours: Tag projects that appeal to you into your personal account and then record the hours you volunteered after you’ve finished your project.
- Reflect on your Experience: Share with others and learn from your experiences.
How Pebble Tossers Works
REGISTER: It’s easy and it only takes about 3 seconds. Membership enables you to start your child’s or group’s own Pebble Tossers Volunteer Record and be alerted every month of new service project opportunities near you. We never share member information with anyone.
What Members Receive:
1. Tons of Ways to FIND Volunteer Projects:
- Anytime Volunteer Projects: Browse our projects, organizations and cause areas, or get matched using our Pebble Tossers Search Engine.
- Pre-Scheduled Pebble Tossers® Events: We’ll notify you of pre-planned Community Service Projects throughout the year. We hold monthly projects, each benefitting different Pebble Tossers® Affiliate Charity Organizations.
- “Donate Your Stuff” Resources: Got some old Crocs® gathering dust? Eye-glasses? Toys and videos? We tell you how and where to donate (and recycle!) discarded clothing and household items to an organization that needs it. (coming soon)
- Community Event Calendar: Check out our Calendar of Community Volunteer Events at any time to find upcoming service opportunities that work with your schedule. (coming soon)
- Awards and Scholarships: Learn about local and national service awards and scholarships being given to youth that are making a difference in their communities. (coming soon)
2. All the leg-work is done so you can TAKE ACTION:
- Project summaries including description, instructions, age-requirements, estimated number of service hours, and a list of pre-screened organizations to choose from who have requested that project.
- Organization summaries that provide background on each organization, their mission, cause area, contact names and numbers, map location and website link.
- A one-page project print-out summarizing all of the information needed to plan, complete and validate your service hours including contact info, map, validation signature box, and a place to enter mileage and other expenses for tax purposes.
3. Tools to Record and Reflect On Their Hours and Experiences:
- Volunteer Record: Tag projects that interest you, record service hours, and reflect on your personal experiences and learnings.
- Civic Transcript: We will convert your Pebble Tossers® Volunteer Record into an official Civic Transcript print-out to serve as service-hour documentation for your school, civic or faith-based organization, and can be used when applying to high schools, colleges, or for awards and scholarships.
4. Other Features:
- Awards, Scholarships and Grants. Many local and national companies and organizations offer awards, scholarships and grants to students actively involved in community service. Pebble Tossers posts links to these offerings.
- Pebble Tossers is a Certifying Organization for the Presidential Volunteer Service Award. Click here for details.