President’s Volunteer Service Award
Pebble Tossers is a Certifying Organization for the President’s Volunteer Service Award.
The President’s Council on Service and Civic Participation was established in 2003 to recognize the valuable contributions volunteers are making in our communities and encourage more people to serve. The Council created the President’s Volunteer Service Award program as a way to thank and honor Americans who, by their demonstrated commitment and example, inspire others to engage in volunteer service.
Your volunteer hours must be recorded in your Pebble Tossers account and also entered into the PVSA website and identified with Pebble Tossers as the Record of Service Key. To set up your account with the PVSA, visit http://www.presidentialserviceawards.gov . Once you enter your volunteer hours, you must enter a Certifying Organization, which would be Pebble Tossers, and our Record of Service Key: WFK-48207. After completing this, please send an email to Jen at [email protected] so we may begin the process to verify that all the service hours that were recorded were actually completed. If you would like to be considered for any of the Awards listed below, please contact Jen at [email protected] and review the following information.
Volunteer service hours are not limited to those performed as part of Pebble Tossers projects. In fact, service hours can be accumulated through work on a variety of projects throughout the year. The only requirement is that the necessary hours be completed within 12 months; recipients can qualify for a new PVSA each year.
PLEASE NOTE: If you would like your hours to be certified for a 12 month period other than the calendar year (January-December) please email Pebble Tossers at [email protected], before submitting your payment form.
- An official President’s Volunteer Service Award lapel pin or medallion.
- A personalized certificate of achievement
- A congratulatory letter from the President of the United States
- A customized press release
- Eligible to be recognized as a Pebble Tossers of the Month
HOW TO APPLY:
- Register your hours in your Pebble Tossers account and create a PSVA account (make sure to add Pebble Tossers ROS Key -WFK-48207 to your account).
- Notify Pebble Tossers via email at [email protected] that you have entered your hours. Include in your email the following items: the 12 month period for hours to be verified and the specific award package desired.
- Beginning July 1, 2107, Pebble Tossers will only verify hours for registered members of Pebble Tossers. (However, service hours do not necessarily need to be Pebble Tossers projects.)
- Records of Service are reviewed and awards mailed quarterly: January, April, July, October.